HOW EFFECTIVE IS THE COMBINATION OF YOUR ANCILLARY TEXTS AND MAIN PRODUCTS?
IN WHAT WAYS DOES YOUR MEDIA PRODUCT USE, DEVELOP AND CHALLENGE FORMS AND CONVENTIONS OF REAL MEDIA PRODUCTS?
This is my final music video product…
So here I have created a draft as to what I want my digital pad to look like. I decided to go with the same image I used for my advert just to make it clear that its all part of one promotion package for the same media product. The images used were also taken during my filming in London which i placed in the inside cover and one on the back. I kept my actual CD quite plain and simple to maintain a sophisticated look.
CD COVER INSIDE LEFT COVER
BACK COVER FRONT COVER
Here I have attached something I pieced together to show process of creating my music magazine advert. I portrayed the step by step editing transition through a collection of screenshots along the way. Combined with the visual process is a brief explanation discussing how I gradually managed to develop my advert through skills gained.
Below are a few images that I manipulated via photoshop to experiment and see what sort of look I wanted for music magazine advert.
With the geometric piece I created it, I felt like it didnt match the slow pace rhythm of my song choice and the way I edited the music video. It came across as too vibrant and funky which completely opposed to atmosphere and tone the video itself.
Then I created a second piece which I watched a youtube tutorial to learn how to create. This was a brush stroke effect which required me to learn how to overlay layers so that the image appeared as if it had been painted on as seen below. This look was a lot more subtle and less funky however I still didn’t feel as if it didn’t correspond with my music video. However learning to create this look meant I developed a new skill to use with the program.
Glitch effect was too retro to use of the cover as it didn’t fit the colour scheme but was ,y favourite image manipulation!
This is an example of image manipulation throughout my editing and drafting. The original shot below with the purple background was taken from the scenes I filmed in the studio. The backdrop was highly effective at setting a sombre tone to the shot but I felt as if it needed to look more edgy if I wanted to create an album cover or use it for my music magazine advert.
The process of this image manipulation included using adobe photoshop and creating multiple layers to reach the end smokey effect. It required me to:
- cut out my entire model by selecting around her
- creating mask layers
- selecting the bush tool to enhance a smokey effect
- use a darker purple image on top and blending it into my models features.
So before shooting with my chosen actress, I conducted a few auditions to make sure the person I chose to perform in my production was perfectly suited for the acting role. This meant asking them questions about how comfortable they felt about the role, whether they were keen to act in public and how available they could make themselves for shooting. This was a perfect opportunity for me, as the director, to understand what I’m working with and who would help to make what I envisioned become a reality.